FORT LEE, N.J., June 21, 2017 -- TrailheaDX -- OwnBackup, a Salesforce AppExchange backup and recovery solution, today announced the launch of a trail-blazing Sandbox Seeding solution on the Salesforce AppExchange, empowering businesses to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Sandbox Seeding allows for users to streamline development and improve quality assurance (QA) cycles.
With OwnBackup's Sandbox Seeding, development teams can easily populate a Salesforce sandbox with their ideal data set through in-app object filters, data anonymization, and sized-to-fit sandbox data, all while preserving data object relationships. Development teams using OwnBackup can now ensure code and workflows are tested on relevant, right-sized data sets with only a few clicks, delivering greater accuracy and increased confidence in production deployments.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, OwnBackup's Sandbox Seeding technology is currently available on the AppExchange.
“We have been using OwnBackup for two years and consider them our trusted partner when it comes to backing up and restoring our data. OwnBackup continues to innovate to add value to their platform,” said Rob Zeller, Director, Corporate Development at NTN Bearing Corporation of America. “Their org restore function has worked for some time to populate sandboxes with data, but their recent Sandbox Seeding feature provides much greater control and flexibility to this feature. We recommend OwnBackup to anyone looking for a backup, restore and replication solution.”
“Salesforce sandbox environments are critical to developers and architects, but manually seeding a development sandbox is often time-consuming, difficult, and incredibly expensive,” noted Sam Gutmann, CEO of OwnBackup. “We’ve created a way for developers to manage, protect and test more effectively—helping them avoid unexpected breaks in code and workflows when deployed into production.”
Additional benefits of OwnBackup Sandbox Seeding include:
- High-speed data selection and sandbox seeding for more frequent testing
- Multi-parent relationship integrity for increased accuracy and confidence
- Optimized sandbox storage costs via a no-attachments option
- Fast, anonymized data set creation, protecting data confidentiality
- Easy, sandbox test data right-sizing to suit the testing need and budget
- Any-level direct editing for detailed customization of test data sets
- Data and metadata comparisons across and within environments for rapid data change insight
- Advanced data management control with “Never Rotate” snapshot flagging
- Comprehensive label and archive management for rapid access and long-term retention
- Flexible data manipulation options with .csv export options
For complete details on the latest OwnBackup offering, click here.
About Salesforce AppExchange
Salesforce AppExchange is the world’s leading enterprise apps marketplace that empowers companies to sell, service, market and engage in entirely new ways. With 3,500 partner apps and more than 4 million customer installs, it is the most comprehensive source of cloud, mobile, social, IoT, analytics and artificial intelligence technologies for businesses.
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/salesforce__;!!PKUKBwFYWK4!IODbC0BoSArVjkgO0gwSbIddjfVQdaSmRtgDFtgl0tts0WtN3JZ9CTJlQT0EPCqrUmTDItNk-nRY$
- Follow Salesforce on Twitter: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/salesforce__;!!PKUKBwFYWK4!IODbC0BoSArVjkgO0gwSbIddjfVQdaSmRtgDFtgl0tts0WtN3JZ9CTJlQT0EPCqrUmTDIkVJ9-6g$
Salesforce, AppExchange and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business. It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it. Learn more at owndata.com. For more information, visit https://www.owndata.com.