With live, in-person events back in full force, the Own team has been hitting the road quite a bit these days. Our most recent stop was at Knowledge, ServiceNow’s premier customer event, which was just held in Las Vegas.
As a Gold Sponsor for the first time, we had a significant presence at the event with over 35 team members.
Here are some highlights from our Knowledge ‘23 experience:
Who’s responsible for protecting ServiceNow data?
Over three days, we had hundreds of attendees visit our booth, where we helped people understand the shared responsibility model. What do we mean by shared responsibility? While ServiceNow is responsible for the availability and uptime of its platform, your organization is ultimately the steward of the data stored in cloud applications. Therefore, it’s your responsibility to ensure that the data you need is protected from accidental loss or corruption.
Own Recover for ServiceNow helps you uphold your end of the shared responsibility model and proactively prevents data loss or corruption in your ServiceNow instances.
Putting data protection in the spotlight
At Knowledge ‘23, Own hosted two live sessions to help amplify the importance of protecting your ServiceNow data.
In our first session, we were joined on stage by guest speaker Jeffrey DiMuro, ServiceNow’s Deputy Chief Information Security Officer, Financial Services, who discussed how Own helps ServiceNow customers drive data resilience, compliance, and innovation on the Now Platform™.
In our second session, Darren Conn, Director of Service Management from ATN International, shared how Own makes their ServiceNow data more resilient with automated backup and recovery and helped them recover quickly from a data incident.
Gleaning insights from ServiceNow customers
In addition to our booth and sessions, we booked out Mercato Della Pescheria, where we met privately with nearly 200 ServiceNow customers from all sizes, regions, and industries where we learned about how they use ServiceNow and what they are looking for in a data protection solution.
A common theme we heard from customers is that they did not know that data protection was a shared responsibility with SaaS solutions, including ServiceNow. They were interested in how we partnered with ServiceNow to help augment and extend the native backup and recovery solutions by offering:
- Backup of critical data with more control with minimal setup and no manual work
- Flexible retention policies for customers who need to retain data beyond (up to 99 years) ServiceNow’s default 14-day retention period
- Proactive monitoring for data loss and corruption so you can take immediate action to resolve
- Restore your data with speed and precision in a self-service fashion
An epic Knowledge after-party
Together with GlideFast Consulting, we co-hosted an exclusive event at Jewel Nightclub. More than 1,200 people attended the after-party, which featured drinks, live entertainment, and special guests.
Bringing more value to ServiceNow customers
Besides showcasing Recover for ServiceNow, we announced our pilot programs for two new products for ServiceNow customers.
- Archive for ServiceNow: Archive securely relocates legacy ServiceNow data off platform to reduce ServiceNow storage spend, improve system performance, and meet regulatory compliance.
- Seeding for ServiceNow: Seeding enables developers to selectively and easily propagate production data into sub-prod instances to help improve the testing process and speed up development cycles.
We hope you enjoyed Knowledge this year as much as we did. If you’d like to learn more about Recover for ServiceNow, check out “The Buyers Guide For Backup and Recovery for ServiceNow” or request a custom demo below.
See you at Knowledge ‘24!